In This Post, we have provided Best Farmers Day Quotes 2022 in Odia language. Here you will find Farmers day quotes, farmers day wishes, Kisan diwas, national farmers day 2022, and world farmers day.
Farmers Day Quotes, Message
Kisan Diwas Wishes
“Happy are we those who were born in a country where the status of farmer is at the top.”
“Jai jawan jai kisan!!! The one who waters the soil of the country with his blood and sweat is the farmer!!!”
“It is the farmer’s hard work that turns a barren land into a fertile land…. Salute to the spirit of the farmer…. Wishing you a very Happy Farmer’s Day.”
“Farmers Day gives us an opportunity to express our gratitude to the farmers of our country and thank them….Congratulations on Farmers Day.”
The breath of the farmer resides in his crop.
The one who wakes up before the sun rises is our farmer.
Our food is the result of a farmer’s hard work.
What would we eat if there were no farmers?
About Farmers Day
National Farmers Day 2022: Why is National Farmers Day celebrated on the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh?
Kisan Diwas | National Farmers Day 2022: Farmers Day or National Farmers Day 2022 is celebrated across the country on 23 December to commemorate the birth anniversary of the fifth Prime Minister of India, Chaudhary Charan Singh. Chaudhary Charan Singh was the fifth Prime Minister of India from 1979 to 1980. In honor of the contribution of Indian farmers and to glorify their importance in the country, 23 December is celebrated as Kisan Diwas.
- In 2001, the Government of India declared 23 December, the day Chaudhary Charan Singh was born, as National Farmers Day and for all the right reasons.
- The decision was taken by the government in 2001 to recognize the contribution of Chaudhary Charan Singh to the upliftment of farmers and the development of the agriculture sector. He brought about some of the most remarkable reforms in the agricultural sector and has been called by many historians as the ‘champion of the farmers of India’.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was born in 1902 in a middle-class farmer family in Nurpur, Meerut, (then) Uttar Pradesh. He earned a bachelor’s degree in science in 1923, followed by a master’s degree from Agra University in 1925.
- He was also a practitioner of law and an active participant in the country’s freedom struggle.
- Born in a middle-class family, Chaudhary Charan Singh was deeply attached to the farmers of the country and wanted to work for rural India.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh was the brain behind the land reforms that changed the face of agriculture for good in the country’s largest agricultural state, Uttar Pradesh. Notable among his actions for the agricultural sector was the Debt Redemption Bill 1939, which brought relief to farmers who were indebted to moneylenders. It also had a positive impact on the number of farmer suicides.
- He also worked for the Zamindari Abolition Act of 1950 while being the Agriculture Minister of the state.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh breathed his last on 14 January 1980. A memorial dedicated to him was built at Raj Ghat and is called ‘Kisan Ghat’.
- It is said that Chaudhary Charan Singh carried forward the legacy of Sir Chhotu Ram, he also formed the Kisan Trust on 23 December 1978, to spread awareness about the issues of farmers in the country.
Why Farmers Day is celebrated today?
In India, National Farmers’ Day is celebrated on December 23 in remembrance of Chaudhary Charan Singh, the fifth Prime Minister of India. Between 1979 and 1980, he held the post of Prime Minister.
What is celebrated on 23rd December?
Who started Farmers Day in India?
Chaudhary Charan Singh
When Farmers Day is celebrated?
Note:- If you find the post useful, then share the post and comment down below. Thank you.